Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Personal Testimony

While in Haiti in June of 2011, I was hit with a heaviness and felt as if a cloud settled over my mind. I've been fighting it ever since. I prayed, stayed in the Word, fasted, worshipped, and chose daily to press on and trust God. It's not been easy! Often I felt as if I was functioning with half a brain and my heart felt overwhelmed. There was an ugly tension in my body that exhausted me physically and made sleep difficult. I leaned on Ephesians command to "when you've done all, stand!" But standing was beginning to get more difficult.

After the Ladies Tea last Monday night I lost my new phone and had a small tearfest. Sitting in my car, I cried out to the Lord for a breakthrough. I couldn't even remember when I last held the phone in my hand. I came home and found Pastor Ron wide awake - a miracle after 9 p.m.! :) We prayed and I felt drawn to read the Word of God. I read through Matthew and Mark that night. In the morning I grabbed the Bible and read through the book of John. Minutes later, the Word of God broke through! My mind cleared and faith took over! This led to an awesome time of prayer and I haven't been the same since. Praise God!

I'm sharing this because I believe there are other women like me who are in need of a breakthrough. Keep doing the basics - stay in the Word, pray, worship, fast and stay in fellowship. Choose joy. Choose to press on. Your breakthrough is almost here! Consume the Word of God like a woman starved for food and let faith rise in your heart. His Word will reveal truth to your heart and mind that will set you free. I'm believing this to be the best Christmas ever for each one of you!

Much Love,
Pastor Carla

No comments: