Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm No Quitter

During the recent fast our church did in preparation for the prayer gathering in Detroit, God gave my husband and I clear direction for life and ministry. This resulted in his resignation from Heart Cry International as CEO so he could focus his mind and energies on The Potter's House. Since we KNOW that this coming year will bring much growth to the ministry at home, his renewed focus is essential. We're excited about what God is doing and will do in 2012.

For me this meant a big change as well. I instantly became CEO of Heart Cry International, picking up the job I once laid aside. I never wanted to have my own ministry apart from the church...but God had other plans. I've determined to embrace the change and grow as a leader. This means tackling some of the jobs I could avoid while Ron was leading...things that involve math and numbers. Ouch. Not my strongest point.

Numbers make me want to quit. Seeing how low the numbers are when I have big bills to pay challenges my faith. It was easier to have faith when I didn't know the bottom line in the HCI checkbook. :) Now I am must choose to believe when I KNOW we're facing impossible situations. The temptation to quit and run has crossed my mind...just like it crossed my mind when I spent 2 months away from my family in Nigeria...like when we had the staff uprising in Haiti a few months ago...like when I get overworked and too tired. Quitting sometimes seems like a good idea!

But quitting is not an option for me. No matter how bad it looks - even if I don't see the breakthrough or don't have all the answers - I am no quitter. I know I cannot lose UNLESS I quit. If I persist and continue seeking God, the breakthrough and answers will eventually come. All things WILL work for my good. To quit is to give up on God. I can't do that. He never gave up on me.

I've been reflecting tonight on God's faithfulness. So, though I'm a bit tired of financial deadlines and the over-abundance of work, I'm resolved to press on. I will not quit. I will not doubt. I will believe. I will believe because He has NEVER failed me. He WILL never fail me!

I'm sharing this to encourage YOU. Don't quit, beloved sister. You cannot lose if you keep holding on to faith. God WILL be faithful to you. All things WILL work for your good. All things ARE possible with God. He will never give up on you...don't quit on Him. Your answers and breakthroughs are on the way...

I'm no quitter and neither are you! :)

With Love,
Pastor Carla

No comments: