Thursday, March 17, 2011

Letting God Lead...

When God first gave the idea for Sisters of Mine Fellowship, I was excited! My mind took off in a million directions - I was full of great ideas! I sought counsel and strategized the best way to implement God's idea. I anticipated incredible results! I was sadly disappopintd.

The first year of the new plan went fairly well. I ended 2009 with hope of greater impact in 2010. I saw growth in relationships through the weekly updates and we began to think more like family. But that is where the growth seemed to end. As 2010 came to a close, the Saturday fellowships were attended by few and no one seemed too interested. I prayed and plotted new ways to get women excited as we moved into 2011 - but attendance seemed to drop even more. Then my schedule grew busier than ever in my life through the rapid expansion of our international work and it looked like Sisters of Mine Fellowship was a sinking ship.

Praise God for His mercy!

I love the women of my church and wanted them to be ministered to in a powerful way. I used my 30 hour travel time home from Nigeria and the 9 hour drive to and from Illinois to pray about Sisters of Mine. God graciously reminded me of when He first gave me the vision for the new name and look of our women's ministry. The original idea was for a Women's Church that would meet one Sunday night month. The vision included intense worship, prophetic teaching and personal ministry, a central topic and women's panel for a special Q & A time, a monthly give-away, and fellowship. I'm not sure why I over-thought the original idea and eventually altered it into the Saturday mistake, but I have now repented! :) I am resolved to return to God's original design.

I once read that a sign of maturity is to be able to admit you are wrong. I must be VERY mature! :) I am definitely willing to change. So...

Beginning the first Sunday night in April, we will be having Women's Church at The Potter's House Family Worship Center. Pastor Latoya Ives will be putting together a team and leading us in worship. I'll preach at the first meeting on being a Spirit-led woman. We'll have a special panel of seasoned women of God who will offer counsel and answer questions concerning being a single mother. We'll have a special give-away and a time of fellowship with great snacks. Nursery will be provided and your daughters over 4 are welcome in the service. It's going to be great! Even better, it's going to be God! Hope you can come!

No comments: