Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We CAN Make a Difference!

This past Monday I had the honor of sharing my life and ministry with the Rotary Club here in Mt.Pleasant, Michigan. The minutes flew by as I related my history and present experience as a woman, wife, mother, daughter, pastor and missionary. I couldn't stop smiling! Afterwards, I was introduced to a woman who said, "Listening to you makes my life seem so..." and my heart ached. She probably has no idea what an impact her life is having on those around her.

Each of us is making some kind of difference in the lives of others. We are an influence, an example, a pattern to follow. Every day others are watching and learning from our successes and failures, our triumphs and mistakes. Our response to the difficulties of life speak to them. Our strengths often challenge them. Our words are shaping them in some way, either making or breaking them.

Someone asked me, "How can I make a difference?" I think the question is not so much "how" - it is "what kind" of difference can I make? If we truly grasped the impact of our lives we would more often reflect on the type of influence and example we give. Most of us rarely realize our potential for bringing change to the world in our everyday existance. We think it is the big moments of ministry or crisis that bring transformation. The truth is, those big moments usually bring the climax to a work of transformation already in progress. WE bring change every single day!

My response to the wonderful woman I met was quick. "You ARE making a difference! You are touching lives every day." Now I say to all of my sisters reading this blog: You ARE making a difference! Your life matters. You are an influence and example to all who see you, know you, or hear of you. As you surrender your everyday life to Jesus and allow Him to lead you by His Spirit, you will be one who brings His touch and transformation to those around you. His fingerprints will be all over their lives! Way to go, sisters of mine!!!"

With Love & Joy,
Pastor Carla

No comments: