Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Doing Life Together

Last Sunday I had a fresh reminder of why I love The Potter's House so much. The morning services were amazing and I so enjoyed praying with my church family and seeking God together. He met with us in a precious way. Then came the Encounter Night that evening. Prophet Matt brought a great Word and I had the rare opportunity to be on the worship team again! Usually, my schedule keeps me away and I have missed it so much.

Lost in worship with both my son and daughter on the team. Following their lead. Not caring if I'm heard or not. Hearing God's voice. Entering the "Fire Tunnel" to receive my blessing of prayer and prophetic confirmation. Hearing what I needed to hear. Praying through with a sister in need. Spending time encouraging a spiritual son. This is FAMILY.

Monday came and brought times of fellowship and the exchange of emails. Coffee with a spiritual daughter. Watching my granddaughter at gymnastics. Cuddling under a blanket with the grandbabies watching the Potter's House team win yet another game. Laughing as Margaret Brady blew her kazoo. Making up silly cheers. Laughing for hours with church friends. Then dessert at Big Boy - all this and chocolate too! Leaning on my beautiful daughter as she fed her daughter strawberry pie.

What makes life sweet and successful has nothing to do with the amount of money you have in the bank, the degrees after your name or the titles you wear. It has nothing to do with how thin you are or how many "friends" you have on facebook! It's all about doing life with real people - people you love and who love you back. The Church family will never be perfect, but there is nothing better than being surrounded by people who genuinely care and want to be your friend.

Make time for friends. Learn the joy of family. Spend a little less time behind the computer having discussions with invisible people. Spend a little more time getting to know LIVE brothers and sisters. Be involved in one another's lives. Share the good and bad of life together. You'll find a sense of fulfillment that nothing else can bring. We were made for relationships - for intimacy with God and others.

Starting in September, Sisters of Mine will begin a new quest for intimacy with God, our families at home, and our church family. Everything we do will be designed to build greater relationships and provide more opportunities for fellowship. Stay tuned and be a part! It's time, don't you think? Let's do life together.

No comments: