Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Personal Love Dare...

Just before my last trip to Haiti, I decided to purchase the Love Dare book. This book was very popular when the movie, "Fireproof" came out last year. Though my marriage to Ron is sweeter than ever, I didn't want to settle for "good." I wanted to keep growing; to continue learning how to love my precious man of God more.

I'm sure this will surprise you (or...maybe not!) but I have now discovered that I haven't always loved Ron in a godly way. As I've read through the beginning chapters dealing with selfishness, kindness, and (ouch!) irritability, I've realized that I definitely have more to learn. I've been diligent to do the assigned homework and am constantly challenged to love him more. I'm delighted to discover that the truths taught are already becoming new mind-sets for me. I'm falling more in love with my husband of nearly 30 years. It's wonderful!

Surprisingly, this study is not only impacting my marriage. It is leaking into all other relationships in my life. I am experiencing a new depth of love for family and friends. Even better, my new mind-sets are enabling me to love in a healthier way, deepening the relationships. I am learning to be kinder, more thoughtful, less selfish, and not so easily hurt or offended. The result is a much happier me!

I never want to be content with "good." I want all God has for me. I want to have the richest, fullest, and most loving relationship possible with all friends and family. If it means I must study books, listen to painful truths from those I care about, or be convicted by the Holy Spirit in order to experience this release of love, I am willing. I want to dare to love as Jesus loved!

How about you?

I DO love you!
Pastor Carla

No comments: