Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The favor of God is upon YOU!

The Word of God is LIVING and impacting my life every single day! I've decided to take a few weeks to share some of the truths that are changing my own life. I hope it will encourage and strengthen your faith! You HAVE the favor of God!

Faith is often hard to put into words. We often misunderstand it as something felt rather than something believed. This wrong perspective makes is difficult to receive anything from God or to maintain any joy because we may not FEEL incredible faith most days. Faith is an inner persuasion, a moral conviction of the truthfulness of God. It is an assurance or confidence that God is true. It is is believing. Faith is a choice. I choose to believe even when my emotions struggle. Rollercoaster emotions cannot negate faith, but faith can calm emotions. I choose each day whether I will be led by my emotions or by faith in God.

Hebrews 11:1 teaches us that faith is the substance, support, and assurance of things we hope for. It settles under our hope as a sure foundation. The fact that we believe God cannot lie makes our hope sure. Hope is what we are anticipating, expecting, or trusting God for. At some point, I must choose to believe that God will do it, no matter what I hear, see, or feel. It is only when I make this choice that the gate to doubt and anxiety is closed.

My decision to believe - my faith - is evidence or proof to those in both the natural and spiritual realm, that what I'm hoping for WILL happen. I don't have to shout my faith. I simply live it. I believe. My faith is then an act of spiritual warfare as I continue to believe regardless of the enemy's attack or difficult circumstances.

It is "by faith", by choosing to believe God is absolutely true, that I am able to understand that my visible world was created by God's invisible Word. (Hebrews 11:3) His invisible Word framed AND frames the visible creation. In other words, His Word that cannot be seen as it leaves His mouth immediately begins to frame, complete, repair, adjust, fit, make, perfect, prepare, join together, and restore until the unseen Word can be seen! Even our faith comes/grows by the Word of God!

Hebrews 11:11 speaks of Sarah's faith. Sarah laughed when she heard the Word that she would conceive a child in her old age. Her emotions and natural circumstances contradicted the Word. But behind the laughter was an inner conviction that God was true and could not lie. Her confidence in God settled under her hope for a child and gave her the strength needed to conceive a son! Note that her laughter didn't weaken her faith. Her emotions were separate from her faith.

I have learned to let faith lead. If you let your emotions lead, your faith becomes inactive and you are left to cope with your limited human ability. If you allow faith to lead, your emotions eventually follow. They are not as strong as them seem!

When you receive an invisible Word from God (that is not yet seen), focus your eyes on Him. Don't fix your gaze on the promise. It's not visible yet! Fix your eyes on Jesus. Choose to believe in Hs truthfulness. Put your confidence in Him. This faith will settle under and give supernatural support to the Word. The Word is working for you. It is framing/forming the promise and will continue until the invisible is made visible! Hang on!

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing Pastor Carla! You know, sometimes it is not the person that God gives the word to, that is found lauging at the promise of God. I was was told before Tom and I married almost 13 years ago that our chances of having children were slim to none. Tom and I knew better; because God had healed me when Tom laid his hands on me and prayed, and I literally felt something move inside of me! Christians doubted that healing until the very day Galen was born, and we held him in our arms! We stood on the promise of God, and still to this day stand on the promises of God! Just try it; have that faith with that someone; even if it is just the grain of a mustard seed! Believe!